Recap from our last lesson.
Our last session we discussed certain aspects of what it means to be in the Kingdom. We established as to whose Kingdom we belong and who is our King. Now let’s look at the rules to live in His kingdom. In Luke a certain ruler asked what shall I do to inherit everlasting life? Let’s read the account to see what the Masters response was.
Rules to the Kingdom
Luk 10:25-37 And see, a certain one learned in the Torah stood up, trying Him, and saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit everlasting life?”
(26) And He said to him, “What has been written in the Torah? How do you read it?”
(27) And he answering, said, “ ‘You shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ Deu_6:5 and ‘your neighbour as yourself.’ ” Lev_19:18.
(28) And He said to him, “You have answered rightly. Do this and you shall live.” b Lev_18:5.
(29) But he, wishing to declare himself righteous, said to יהושע, “And who is my neighbour?”
(30) And replying, יהושע said, “A certain man was going down from Yerushalayim to Yeriḥo, and fell among robbers, who, both stripping and beating him, went away, leaving him half dead.
(31) “And by a coincidence a certain priest was going down that way. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
(32) “And likewise a Lěwite also, when he came to the place, and seeing, passed by on the other side.
(33) “But a certain Shomeroni, c journeying, came upon him. And when he saw him, he had compassion on him, Footnote: c See Luk_17:18
(34) and he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. And having placed him on his own beast, he brought him to an inn, and looked after him.
(35) “And going out on the next day, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Look after him, and whatever more you spend I shall repay you when I return.’
(36) “Who, then, of these three, do you think, was neighbour to him who fell among the robbers?”
(37) And he said, “He who showed compassion on him.” Then יהושע said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
You may notice the ruler was trying to justify his position. Yahushua gave him an object lesson. In Matthew Yahshua was given yet another test. He was asked what the greatest command of all was. I divided the verse to show how it broken down. Point 1 divides Exodus 20 into two parts; the first part is our relationship with Yah and part 2 is our relationship with our fellow man.
Our service to YHVH
1) Mat 22:37 and יהושע said to him, “‘you shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with your entire mind.’ Deu_6:5.
Mat 22:38 “This is the first and great command.
Exo 20:1 – 11 (1) And Elohim spoke all these Words, saying,
(2) “I am יהוה your Elohim, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim, out of the house of slavery.
(3) “You have no other mighty ones against My face.
(4) “You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the heavens above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth,
(5) you do not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, יהוה your Elohim am a jealous Ěl, visiting the crookedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,
(6) but showing loving-commitment to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My commands.
(7) “You do not bring a the Name of יהוה your Elohim to naught, for יהוה does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name to naught. Footnote: a Or lift up, or take.
(8) “Remember the Sabbath day, to set it apart.
(9) “Six days you labour, and shall do all your work,
(10) but the seventh day is a Sabbath b of יהוה your Elohim. You do not do any work – you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. Footnote: b There are other Sabbaths, but this is the weekly Sabbath.
(11) “For in six days יהוה made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore יהוה blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart.
Our service to our fellow servant
2) Mat 22:39 “And the second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ Lev_19:18.
Mat 22:40 “On these two commands hang all the Torah and the Prophets.”
Exo 20:12 “Respect your father and your mother, so that your days are prolonged upon the soil which יהוה your Elohim is giving you.
Exodus 20:13 – 21
(13) “You do not murder.
(14) “You do not commit adultery.
(15) “You do not steal.
(16) “You do not bear false witness against your neighbour.
Do not covet
(17) “You do not covet your neighbour’s house, you do not covet your neighbour’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, or whatever belongs to your neighbour.”
(18) And all the people saw the thunders, the lightning flashes, the voice of the shophar, and the mountain smoking. And the people saw it, and they trembled and stood at a distance,
You were fearful
Exo 20:19-21 and said to Mosheh, “You speak with us and we hear, but let not Elohim speak with us, lest we die.”
And Mosheh said to the people, “Do not fear, for Elohim has come to prove you, and in order that His fear be before you, so that you do not sin.”
So the people stood at a distance, but Mosheh drew near the thick darkness where Elohim was. Mat 22:36 “Teacher, which is the great command in the Torah?”
I can already hear those of you who are asking; why did I just give you the 10 commandments? These are the rules for the Kingdom. Pretty cool right? Seems to be a no brainer right?
Here the thing you cannot do them by yourself. No one on this Earth can help you fulfill them. Yahushua said that in our flesh we cannot do them. You may treat them as a check list to see how close you are to Yah yet you will find yourself sorely lacking.
He stated that things that are born of the Spirit are of the spirit and the things that are born of flesh are flesh. We cannot complete even one of them. never mind will we want to do them if we do not have the Spirit of the living God in us.
John 3:1-15 Now there was a man from the Pharisees, a leader of the Jews, whose name was Nicodemus.
(2) He came to Jesus at night and told him, “Rabbi, we know that you have come from God as a teacher, because no one can perform these signs that you are doing unless God is with him.”
(3) Jesus replied to him, “Truly, I tell you with certainty, unless a person is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
(4) Nicodemus asked him, “How can a person be born when he is old? He can’t go back into his mother’s womb a second time and be born, can he?”
(5) Jesus answered, “Truly, I tell you with certainty, unless a person is born of water and Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
(6) What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
(7) Don’t be astonished that I told you, ‘All of you must be born from above.’
(8) The wind blows where it wants to. You hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. That’s the way it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
(9) Nicodemus asked him, “How can that be?”
(10) Jesus answered him, “You’re a teacher of Israel, and you can’t understand this?
(11) Truly, I tell you with certainty, we know what we’re talking about, and we testify about what we’ve seen. Yet you people do not accept our testimony.
(12) If I have told you people about earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things?
(13) “No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
(14) Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
(15) so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
Even with much learning you can not perceive the commandments of YHVH. Yet people try to do just that. Only the circumcision of the heart will be able to live the Kingdom rules.
Come back, next time and we will look at some of the examples. That show us how to live a Kingdom lifestyle.
This is Rick Eldridge signing off… May YHVH bless you and keep you. And He causes His face to shine upon you. May He give you Peace!