It’s about a relationship
Torah Portion Deuteronomy 29:9-31:18
Halph Torah Portion Isaiah 61:1-63:9, Hosea 14:1-9; Micah 7:18-20
New Testament Revelation 21:1 -21, Romans 10:5-21
From the very beginning, God wanted a relationship with His creation. It was us who did not want that relationship with Him. It did not become apparent until Exodus that most people did not want that relationship unless it was on our terms. In a marriage can you imagine that the bride would speak and listen to the groom through the best man? You would say that is absurd, and you would be correct.
Who in their right mind would want a marriage like that? That is what they did at Mt. Sinai. Moses and Aaron were the best men. Oh, there were a few who wanted an intimate relationship with Yeshua on His terms. In all of Humanity, only a very few wanted that relationship with Yeshua.
Mat 20:1-16 MKJV
(1) For the kingdom of Heaven is like a man, a housemaster, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers into his vineyard.
(2) And when he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
(3) And he went out about the third hour and saw others standing idle in the marketplace.
(4) And he said to them, You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you. And they went.
(5) And he went out about the sixth and ninth hour and did likewise. (6) And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing idle, and said to them, Why do you stand here all day idle?
(7) They said to him, Because no one has hired us. He said to them, You also go into the vineyard, and you shall receive whatever is right.
(8) So when evening had come, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward, Call the laborers and pay them their wage, beginning from the last to the first.
(9) And when they who were hired about the eleventh hour came, they each one received a denarius.
(10) But when the first came, they supposed that they would received more; and they also each one received a denarius.
(11) And receiving it they murmured against the master of the house, (12) saying, These last have worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden and heat of the day.
(13) But he answered one of them and said, Friend, I do you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius?
(14) Take yours, and go; I will give to this last one the same as to you.
(15) Is it not lawful for me to do what I want with my own? Is your eye evil because I am good?
(16) So the last shall be first, and the first last, for many are called, but few are chosen.
He never wanted us to think that by following a set of rules we would obtain eternal life, rather it was having a true relationship with Him will He allow us into the kingdom of YHVH.
Yes, you can circumcise your flesh to be obedient, but that in itself will not gain entrance into the kingdom for you. It is only when your heart is circumcised is when you can follow Him.
Mat 22:2-14 MKJV
(2) The kingdom of Heaven is like a certain king who made a marriage for his son.
(3) And he sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding, and they would not come.
(4) Again he sent out other servants, saying, Tell those who are invited, Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatlings are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the marriage.
(5) But not caring, they went their ways, one to his field, another to his trading.
(6) And the rest took his servants and treated them spitefully, and killed them.
(7) But when the king heard, he was angry. And he sent out his armies and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
(8) Then he said to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they who were invited were not worthy.
(9) Therefore go into the exits of the highways, and as many as you shall find, invite them to the marriage.
(10) So the servants went out into the highways and gathered together as many as they found, both bad and good. And the wedding was filled with reclining guests.
(11) And the king coming in to look over the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
(12) And he said to him, Friend, how did you come in here without having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
(13) Then the king said to the servants, Bind him hand and foot and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(14) For many are called, but few chosen.
Mat 5:20 MKJV
(5) For I say to you that unless your righteousness shall exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
Mat 19:16-26 MKJV
(16) And behold, one came and said to Him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?
(17) And He said to him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
(18) He said to Him, Which? Jesus said, You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness,
(19) honor your father and mother, and, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.
(20) The young man said to Him, I have kept all these things from my youth up; what do I lack yet?
(21) Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me.
(22) But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful; for he had great possessions.
(23) Then Jesus said to His disciples, Truly I say to you that a rich man will with great difficulty enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
(24) And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
(25) When His disciples heard, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
(26) But Jesus looked on them and said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
In this case, it was not that he did not keep the commandments. Rather to the young man it was a checklist. He thought that if he would gain access into the kingdom. Did you notice that Yeshua did not condemn the man for that. He gave him a test, and sadly, the young man failed the test. We can be so wrapped up in the doing that we forget. If do not apply the love of God to every part of our life to show others. What it looks like to be in the Kingdom of God. We miss the point of the whole matter. That is we are to love our God with all of our heart soul and mind.
What does this say to our generation?
Mat 24:4-14 MKJV
(4) And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
(5) For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many.
(6) And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled, for all these things must occur; but the end is not yet.
(7) For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in different places.
(8) All these are the beginning of sorrows.
(9) Then they will deliver you up to be afflicted and will kill you. And you will be hated of all nations for My name’s sake.
(10) And then many will be offended, and will betray one another, and will hate one another.
(11) And many false prophets will rise and deceive many.
(12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will become cold.
(13) But he who endures to the end, the same shall be kept safe.
(14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come.
In verse 12 it states that the love of many will become cold. Notice that it says will become cold, this is a process over some time. Over some time, this happens yet they will not notice. This will be gradual.
In the Torah Portion it stated in Chapter 30
Deu 30:1-10 MKJV
(1) And it shall be when all these things have come on you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and when you shall call them to mind among all the nations where Jehovah your God has driven you,
(2) and shall return to Jehovah your God and shall obey His voice according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, with all your heart, and with all your soul,
(3) then Jehovah your God will turn your captivity. And He will have compassion on you, and will return and gather you from all the nations where Jehovah your God has scattered you.
(4) If you are driven out into the outermost parts of the heavens, Jehovah your God will gather you from there, and He will bring you from there.
(5) And Jehovah your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it. And He will do you good, and multiply you above your fathers.
(6) And Jehovah your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your seed, to love Jehovah your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.
(7) And Jehovah your God will put all these curses on your enemies, and on those that hate you, who persecuted you.
(8) And you shall return and obey the voice of Jehovah, and do all His commandments which I command you today.
(9) And Jehovah your God will make you have plenty in every work of your hand, in the fruit of your body, and in the fruit of your cattle, and in the fruit of your land, for good. For Jehovah will again rejoice over you for good, as He rejoiced over your fathers;
(10) for you shall listen to the voice of Jehovah your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the Law, and if you turn to Jehovah your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
If you notice here that we need to first turn to Him and repent for what we have done. Do what He said for us to do. Even where we are no matter how far we have gone from Him. It is not easy but it is that simple. He is waiting for us to return to Him and He will do the rest and restore us. This call goes back to Adam until the last one is saved. Only will you come back to Him and Love Him with your whole heart and being. Love your neighbor as yourself. Or will you continue in your old ways?
The choice is yours. What will you choose? Life or Death?
Mat 7:12-14 MKJV
(12) Therefore all things, whatever you desire that men should do to you, do even so to them; for this is the Law and the Prophets.
(13) Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.
(14) Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Jos 24:14-22 MKJV
(14) Now, then, fear Jehovah, and serve Him in sincerity and truth. And put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt, and serve Jehovah.
(15) And if it seems evil to you to serve Jehovah, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served Beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live. But as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah.
(16) And the people answered and said, Far be it from us to forsake Jehovah to serve other gods.
(17) For Jehovah our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. And He did those great wonders in our sight, and kept us in all our way in which we went and among all the people through whom we passed.
(18) And Jehovah drove out from before us all the people, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We will also serve Jehovah, for He is our God.
(19) And Joshua said to the people, You cannot serve Jehovah, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God. He will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.
(20) If you forsake Jehovah and serve strange gods, then He will turn and do you harm, and destroy you after He has done you good.
(21) And the people said to Joshua, No, but we will serve Jehovah.
(22) And Joshua said to the people, You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen Jehovah, to serve Him. And they said, We are witnesses.
The choice is yours, who will you serve? Time is short. We do not know when our final day is whether we will draw our last breath or when Yeshua returns. Today we must choose to follow Him or continue on the path that leads to destruction.
For other teachings please go to these links